- All membership packages and membership fees are inclusive of GST.
- Subject to paragraph 3 below, all membership packages and membership fees are non refundable (and subject to paragraph 7 below), are not transferable.
- There are certain conditions which need to be met by the Club prior to commencement of the project. If these are not met by 31 December 2022, the moneys paid to the Club for memberships and membership packages will be refunded. See refund policy here.
- In a membership package and Individual Memberships, “Voting members” are Ordinary Members under the Club’s Constitution.
- In Family Membership packages “dependent children” means the children or a child of the voting member who qualify as Student Members or Junior Members under the Club’s Constitution.
- Foundation Lifetime Family Membership packages are available for the applicant to also include the spouse or de facto of the applicant, any child or the spouse of the child of the applicant and any grandchild of the applicant, and such other persons as may be approved by the Board, in accordance with the Club’s Constitution. Any person who currently is not a family member but who qualifies as a family member within 3 years of the Club opening can be part of this membership package. After 3 years, the Board can at its discretion extend such ability to qualify as a family member and at such cost as the Board may determine. All persons nominated must individually apply for and be admitted to membership of the Club in the appropriate category of membership.
- Foundation Lifetime Individual Membership:
A person who is 60 years of age or more who applies to become a Foundation Lifetime Individual Member (the original applicant) may only once nominate one other person (the nominee) to whom the following conditions shall apply:
a) Provided that:
(i) the nominee is or becomes a full member (as defined in the Registered Clubs Act) of the Club, subject to paragraph ( c) below;
(ii) the Foundation Lifetime Individual Member who nominated the nominee ceases to be a member of the Club or dies;
b) then the nominee can apply to transfer to Foundation Lifetime Individual Membership in the place of the original applicant and thereby become entitled to the benefits of the Foundation Lifetime Individual Membership.
c) The Club’s Board may reject any application by the nominee for membership of the Club (see paragraph 13)
8. For the purposes of subscription concessions for Pensioners, “Pensioner” means either a person in receipt of an age pension or a disability pension from the Commonwealth Government.
9. All membership packages and memberships exclude use of the tennis courts, which are separately owned and operated by Sydney Maccabi Tennis Club.
a) Foundation Lifetime, 10 and Foundation 3 category Members shall receive a 25% discount for the gym. Discounts applicable for food, beverages, learn to swim and other services will be advised prior to the opening of the new Club, but will be at a level which will allow regular attendees to obtain full value for their membership.
b) Discounts for all other membership classes will be advised prior to opening of the Club. However discounts will not apply for the gym, but the other discounts will be at a level which will allow regular attendees to obtain full value for their membership.
11. All membership will commence from the first day of the month following the opening of the new Club, but will also include membership until then. Discounts will apply from the opening of the new club.
12. Persons under the age of 18 years will only be permitted in areas of the licensed premises of the Club that are designated as non-restricted areas under the Club’s club license (which will not include a bar area) and must be accompanied by a responsible adult in the licensed premises of the Club.
13. The Club’s Board may reject any application for membership of the club without assigning any reason for such rejection, but no applicant shall be rejected or discriminated against for membership of the Club on the grounds of their race, sex, religion, marital status, or physical or intellectual impairment or on any other ground prohibited by the Anti Discrimination Act.